About us: Terry and "Peg" Chatfield McCarty,
co-authors of The Chatfield Story
Chatfield Story co-authors,
Terry and "Peg" McCarty
Questions? Needs? Contact us.
Multiple copies at a discount?
We'll try to help.
We are retired educators (Californians in Texas) sharing our passion for good history.
Upon our retirement, we had been safeguarding
Edward's letters for a period of 41 years--that's longer than Edaline
had them. The year was 2005. We had been anticipating the joys
and challenges, and the time had come!
We prepared our "to do" list...
* Transcribe and sequence letters and diaries.
* Research historical
facts; visit all locations.
* Write a compelling narrative.
Prepare footnotes, endnotes and references.
* Proofread & correct ad infinitum.
* Publish and distribute high-quality book and digital editions:
Barnes & Noble.
* Provide presentations and outreach to our